1.17.2017

AOTM // LITTLE MAY


For this month's Artist of the Month, we're taking a look at Little May: an alternative, all-female band based out of Sydney, Australia. Little May has toured all over the world, selling out numerous shows in London, and playing at multiple festivals such as Bonnaroo, Reading, and Leeds. The members, Annie Hamilton, Hannah Field, and Liz Drummond, beautifully compliment each other throughout each track on their self-titled EP and their debut album, "For the Company."


I found Little May randomly and I'm so glad I did. Their music video for "Remind Me" is the first thing I saw/heard. After watching the weird, but super cool visuals (which you can watch by clicking here), I had to hear more of their stuff. Their music gives a subtle eerie vibe that's so unique and interesting. It's easy to listen to and effortlessly captivates whoever is listening. Their sound has been described as "honest" and "haunting" and I couldn't agree more.

I wish I had more to say, but writing about music is difficult and, in my case, sloppy, so definitely go check them out and see for yourself what Little May is all about. My favorite tracks from "For the Company" are The Shine Is Brighter At Night and Hide. On their EP, my favorite is Dust. Seriously, check these ladies out. You won't be disappointed!

If you'd like to know more about Little May and their music visit, their website here.

Thanks for reading about January's Artist of the Month. See you in February!

No comments:

Post a Comment