3.08.2016

TWO CROSSES

To be honest, I was a little put off by this book cover. Now I know that is bookworm 101 to never judge a book by it's cover, but in this case I did. I thought Two Crosses was going to be one of those gross, sappy romances. Let me tell you; it was so much better than that.

This book was great. It was an easy read full of action, suspense, and yes, romance. Two Crosses takes place in and around Europe during the Algerian War in late 1961. The book follows Gabriella Madison, an American exchange student in France, as she learns what it means to trust in God even when masked with fear, anger, and young love. Eventually, Gabriella is sucked into the war and has to decide whether she wants to be a part of something that could cost her her life.

I seriously recommend this book to those of you who want to read a "Christian" book that isn't all butterflies and rainbows. It talks about some serious, heavy issues. It shows someone angry with God, angry with faith and the world. Two Crosses is the first book in a three part trilogy. Check these books out and tell me if you like them! Also, if you have any book recommendations I'd love to hear them!

xx. Sarah.

No comments:

Post a Comment